Saturday, December 8, 2012

Popcorn Scarf - Baby Alpaca Chunky Paints

 So, at the office we do Secret Santa.  Which means we have a drop dead date to have projects done by (aka deadline).  I'm actually doing pretty well this year - probably mostly because I decided to be realistic as to what I could actually accomplish before Christmas (we are not going to discuss the 4 other projects I am working on).  Last year I took on a rather large project (Feather and Fan wrap in Venezia Worsted) that ended up being taken from me on the flight from Peru back home. Fortunately I did get it back, but lost more than 8 hours of valuable knitting time (the flight attendant was obviously not a knitter - no knitter would actually risk ruining a project to use needles for anything besides knitting while they are occupied with yarn).
Anyway, I digress.  Sadly, Secret Santa is not so secret this year - at least for the person that I have (whom also has me).  I thought it would be fun to try a Popcorn Scarf in Baby Alpaca Chunky Paints.  I used 2 skeins, but could've easily added a third.  It is a very simple, but fun pattern - I have to say I like anything I can work on intermittently and not completely mess up.
Materials -
- 2-3 skeins Baby Alpaca Chunky Paints - 108 yds/100 g - 100% Baby Alpaca (hand painted)
- US 10.5 needles

Cast on 20
Knit 8, Wrap and Turn
Knit 8, Turn
Knit 6, 
Wrap and Turn
Knit 6, Turn
Knit 4, 
Wrap and Turn
Knit 4, Turn
Knit 20

Continue until reach desired length.
Weave in ends.





1 comment: