Thursday, April 11, 2013

Chevron and Feather Scarf in Sunseeker

Subtle sparkle is fun - especially if it is wearable sparkle.  I am a big fan of something that is soft and sparkly.  Sunseeker is our newest cotton blend - Cotton - Acrylic and Metallic and comes in 15 fashion inspired colors.  As an added bonus it is machine washable and dryable - I actually ended up testing a swatch with towels and it came out unscathed!

Once again, I am trying to find out what I can create with just 1 skein.  Fortunately with Sunseeker, there are 237 yards/100 grams.  I thought a simple lacy scarf might be a great fit and it worked up quickly and beautifully on size 8 needles.
Materials
 - 1 skein Sunseeker (47% Cotton/48% Acrylic/5% Metallic Yarn - 237 yd/100 g) - shown in 10 (Blue Turquoise)
- US 8 needles
- Yarn Needle

Abbreviations
 - K - Knit
 - YO - Yarn Over
 - K2Tog - Knit 2 Together
 - Sl1 - Slip 1
 - psso - Pass Slipped Stitch Over
Cast on 40 stitches
Start Pattern:

Row 1 - *[K1, YO, K4, K2Tog, Sl1, K1, psso, K4, YO], repeat from * to last stitch, K1

Row 2 - K

Repeat Rows 1 & 2 until reach desired length.  Bind off loosely.  Weave in ends.
Note - you can make this wider by adding mutliples of 13 to your cast-on, and can add a 2nd skein to make it longer.

2 comments:

  1. This scarf pattern is very pretty; I would love to try it after I'm finished with my other knitting projects! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cotton Yarn - R.M.InterNational is provider for best services from Indian Cotton Yarn Supplier & Exporter from India.

    ReplyDelete