Thursday, January 31, 2013

Jean's Scarf - knit in Kid Seta Noir

Kid Seta Noir is a lovely lightweight (yet warm) mohair blend with just a hint of sparkle.  It also has the lovely ability to play nicely on big needles and still hold its shape.  In December I had made a scarf for Ann which I called Popcorn Scarf rather than Potato Chip Scarf (something about mixing up snack foods late at night).  I thought is would be lovely in the Kid Seta Noir, but knew that I wanted to modify it a bit.  Even better, I knew the perfect color to use for a gift.
Materials
 - US 8 Needles
 - 1 Ball Kid Seta Noir (60% Super Kid Mohair/22% Silk / 11% Nylon/7% Metallic Yarn (Lurex) - 232 yds/25 g) - shown in 13 - Lavender

Abbreviations
K - Knit
W&T - Wrap and Turn

Cast on 23

Knit 9, W&T
Knit 9, Turn
Knit 7, W&T
Knit 7, Turn
Knit 5, W&T
Knit 5, Turn
Knit 23

Continue until reach desired length.
Bind off loosely and weave in ends.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so soft & yummy! I may try this once I have a few more practice runs under my belt :)

    ReplyDelete